We are very excited to announce our new Exclusive Hire option for Anne of House and Gardens!
Hidden away in the Southover Quarter of Lewes, Anne of Cleves House has a long and colourful history. From its early days as a lodging house for distinguished guests of Lewes Priory, Anne of Cleves House has been a place of warm greetings, celebrations and lavish feasting for over 600 years. In 1538 the house fell into the hands of the crown during the dissolution of the monasteries and was later gifted to Anne of Cleves 4th wife of King Henry VIII, as part of their annulment proceedings. Following Anne’s death the house reverted to the crown and 1560 was purchased by Robert Saxpes and his beloved wife Margaret as a peaceful family home. The Saxpes family lived happily at Anne of Cleves House for any years often hosting parties and family celebrations in the house and delightful gardens. Why not follow in their happy footsteps, adding your own page to the colourful story of this charming house? Let us take the worries away and host your wedding celebrations for you in this peaceful Tudor country town house. What better way to spend your day then surrounded in beauty and history in a house once owned by Anne of Cleves?
Exclusive hire of the house and gardens includes:
- Access to the site from 10am till 5pm the day before for set up
- Private access to the house and gardens for pre-wedding photographs and a Sussex Garden Picnic for up to 12 people from 5pm till 8pm the evening before your wedding
- Exclusive use of the site from 9am till 11pm on the day of your wedding
- Access to the site from 10am till 4pm the day after for take down and collection
- Our dedicated and experienced staff team including planning assistance from the weddings and functions manager, a wedding supervisor to lead your day, a deputy supervisor to assist and wedding assistants to care for you and your guests
- 50 chairs, chair covers & sashes, drinks table, dining tables and white table linen included in the hire
- Capacity for seated banquets in the East Room is set at 50
- Use of the East Room CD player
- Live musicians, bands or DJs welcome following our guidelines
- Two flower arrangement and greenery for the East Room and greenery dressing for the bedroom, parlour and old kitchen created by our in-house florist
- All catering is provided by our catering partnership company Anise Catering
- Experienced chef, catering staff, cutlery, glassware and all catering equipment included in Anise Catering costs
- Marquee, choice of reception chairs and table hire available through Anise Catering
Exclusive hire is available between Mid-February and Mid-December any day of the week. We are limited to only 6 exclusive hire days a year.
For more information about wedding hire at Anne of Cleves House please contact Hannah via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01273 474610.