Sussex Archaeological Society is actively involved in historical and archaeological research and practice. We:
- Have a specialist research Library open to members and non members.
- Have a Finds Liaison Officer who works with the Portable Antiquities Scheme.
- Provide research access to the reserve collections at our six museums.
- Publish the annual volume Sussex Archaeological Collections which includes papers relating to the archaeology and history of Sussex.
- Carry out a number of excavations and surveys throughout the year and provide opportunities for members and students to gain fieldwork experience.
- Run special interest day schools and an annual conference.
- Award grants to archaeologists and historians engaged in the study of Sussex history and archaeology with funding from the Margary legacy.
Click on the link for information on local history societies throughout the county.
(N.B. please note that the URL www.local historylink.com shown on the first page of the document no longer exists)