You will never find a more romantic venue for your special day, with excellent service in an historic and peaceful setting.
Michelham Priory is set in the beautiful Cuckmore Valley in East Sussex close to the South Downs. Wedding ceremonies and receptions take place in the grand grade listed Elizabethan Barn full of original features and charm. Just outside is the beautiful moat terrace where the drinks receptions take place with romantic views overlooking the stunning Priory house, historic watermill and the largest moat in England.
The stunning Elizabethan Barn can seat up to one hundred and thirty, yet smaller groups can comfortably be accommodated in its atmospheric and flexible space. From mid-February to mid-December Michelham Priory is available for weddings and civil ceremonies in the Elizabethan Barn and private adjoining Moat Terrace Lawn. Your guests also have access to the Priory House and the splendid 7-acre Gardens during day time opening hours.
Offering peace and complete tranquility in the English country side, Michelham Priory is perfectly situated near the old marketing town of Hailsham between the Sussex villages of Arlington and Berwick. The Priory is easily accessible from the A27 and A22 and sign posted with Heritage Signs.
All catering is created in-house at Michelham Priory and the kitchen team is lead by our Michelin Star trained chef Neil. We offer a tempting selection of menus and we are always happy to create bespoke wedding breakfasts to suit your exact requirements.
For more information, a copy of our menu pack or to book a viewing please contact Hannah by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photograph credits: Title image Dragon Studio Photography.
Exclusive Hire of the Michelham Priory Estate!
We are very excited to announce our new Exclusive Hire Option of the Michelham Priory Estate.
Hidden away in the Cuckmere Valley in Sussex at the foot of the South Down is the stunning Michelham Priory. The estate is surrounded by the longest water-filled moat in England, encircling the enchanting priory on its very own island. The priory has a long established history of warmly welcoming and generously entertaining lords and ladies with lavish banquets and merry parties. Even the humble monks who founded the priory in 1229 had a reputation for merrily entertaining honoured guests with wonderful wine and feasts. After the dissolution of the monasteries by Henry VIII, the priory became a comfortable countryside retreat for leading courtiers with its beautiful architecture and romantic gardens winding down to the waterside moat. What better way to spend the most magical day of your life than on your own enchanted island surrounded by beauty, nature and history?
Hire the whole estate for your special day with private access to the Elizabethan Great Barn, stunning moat terrace, Tudor house, 14th century gatehouse, extended gardens and 7-acre grounds on the day of your wedding. Wedding ceremonies are licensed to take place in the stunning barn for up to 130 guests.
Exclusive hire includes:
- Access to the estate from 10am till 5pm the day before for set up
- Private access to the estate for pre-wedding photographs and a Champagne Garden Picnic, created by our Michelin star trained chef, for up to 12 people from 5pm till 8pm the evening before your wedding
- Exclusive use of the estate from 9am till 11pm on the day of your wedding
- The house will close at dusk
- Access to the estate from 10am till 4pm the day after for take down and collection
- Passionate and dedicated staffing including planning assistance from the weddings and functions manager, a wedding supervisor to lead your day, a deputy supervisor to assistant, waiting and bar staff, evening security and set up and take down assistance
- 130 chairs, tables, china, cutlery, glassware, white table linen and linen napkins included
- Use of the barn music system according to our terms and conditions and our sound technician to assist throughout the day
Exclusive hire is available between Mid-February and Mid-December any day of the week. We are limited to only 6 exclusive hire days a year.
For more information about exclusive hire of Michelham Priory please contact Hannah at email@example.com or call 01323 844224.
Photograph Credit to Georgina Bates Photography.
Here are a handful of images from recent weddings in the Elizabethan Barn at Michelham Priory, we hope you enjoy them.
For photography credits please click on the photographs.