In 2018, Fishbourne Roman Palace will be celebrating its 50th anniversary as a museum open to the public.
To celebrate this significant milestone, we are aiming to raise £50,000 to help enhance the site further, ensuring that its historic legacy is preserved for future generations.
Any donation you can make will make a huge difference, as we work to clean the Roman mosaics, conserve the standing archaeology at Fishbourne, and bring the gardens closer to how they would have originally appeared 2,000 years ago.
You can make a donation online by clicking here, or you can send a donation by cheque to Fishbourne 50, Bull House, 92 High Street, Lewes, BN7 1XH.
We hope you will be able to help us in reaching our fundraising target, and donations of every size will make a real difference:
- £10 could purchase conservation quality brushes and scalpels for our mosaic cleaning work
- £50 could fund a new section of box hedging for the formal garden
- £250 could buy a new interpretation panel for the historic gardens
- £1,000 could help conserve a section of original Roman wall
- £2,500 could fund an essential conservation survey programme.
Thank you for supporting the Sussex Archaeological Society, and we hope that you will be able to join us in celebrating this milestone 50th anniversary year for Fishbourne Roman Palace.
Want to find out even more? Click here.