We are very excited to announce our new Exclusive Hire option of Lewes Castle.
Standing tall and proud in the heart of Lewes, a historic town in the rolling hills of the Sussex countryside, is the romantic ruin of Lewes Castle. Originally a stronghold built by William the Conqueror the castle was first home to his loyal friend William de Warenne and his beloved wife Gundrada, the first Earl and Countess of Surrey.
The story pages of this amazing thousand-year-old castle tell tales of love and friendship, noble courtiers, chivalrous knights, courtly romance, brave battles, siege and betrayal and of course joyous feasting and lavish celebrations with no expense spared by the ruling Earls and Countesses of Surrey. Long retired as the impressive noble home and defensive stronghold of the South Downs, Lewes Castle is now a romantic fairy-tale ruin with breath taking views of the surrounding countryside, mysterious towers and beautiful walled gardens.
Why not add your own tale to the story of this stunning Norman castle and follow in the footsteps of brave knights, heroic Earls and courageous Countesses. Allow us to take all the worries away and host your wedding celebrations for you, after all what better place to have your wedding than your very own fairy-tale castle?
Exclusive hire of Lewes Castle includes:
- Access to the castle from 10am till 5pm the day before for set up where possible, being an outdoor venue your event team will do certain aspects on the day for you
- Private access to the castle for pre-wedding photographs and a Sussex Garden Picnic for up to 12 people from 5pm till 8pm the evening before your wedding
- Exclusive use of the site from 9am till 11pm on the day of your wedding
- Access to the site from 10am till 4pm the day after for take down and collection
- Planning assistance from the weddings and functions manager, a wedding supervisor to lead your day, a deputy supervisor to assist and wedding assistants to care for you and your guests
- 50 ceremony area chairs, drinks tables and white table linen
- Banquet dining in the Gun Garden for up to 120 seated guests
- Use of the CD players
- Live musicians, bands or DJs welcome following our guidelines
- All catering is provided by our catering partnership company Anise Catering
- Experienced chef, catering staff, cutlery, glassware and all catering equipment included in Anise Catering costs
- Marquee, chairs and tables available through Anise Catering
- Food and drinks costs are in addition and paid directly to Anise Catering
We only host 6 exclusive hire days a year and exclusive hire is available between April and October any day of the week.
For more information about exclusive hire of Lewes Castle please contact Hannah at email@example.com or call 01273 486290.