Tour the Priory gardens and enjoy the magnificent colourful carpets of daffodils, tulips, blossoms and the many other spring flowers as the Priory’s lawns and flowerbeds burst into spring.
In the gardens:
- Spring Flowers in all their glory: enjoy the Tulips, wallflowers, primulas, wood anemones, winter aconites, muscari, euphorbias, lamiums, periwinkle, epimediums, pulmoneria, symphytums, fritillaries, rock rose, aubretia, marsh marigolds, honesty, sweet rocket as well as tree blossoms of blackthorn, cherry, amelanchier, pear, damson, pussy willow and magnolias.
- 80,000 Daffodils: Explore the gardens and discover the Daffodils bursting into life along with other spring flowers and blossom. Due to the glorious early Spring a number of the beds have passed their best but there’s still plenty to enjoy.
- Sculpture Trail: Talented artists display their works in the beautiful gardens.
- Family Nature Explorer Packs: Why not borrow one of our family explorer packs from the ticket office and see what wildlife you can find in the gardens.
- Have-a-Go Archery: Try your hand at Archery on the South Lawn. Saturday afternoons. £1 for 6 arrows.
In the House:
- Spring flower displays throughout the house.
- Sketch Pads: Feeling artistic? Sketch pads and pencils available to borrow in the Undercroft.
In the Café:
- Tuck into our freshly baked seasonal cakes and delicious scone.
In the Forge on Sundays:
- Meet Nigel our award winning Blacksmith and watch him working in the forge.
Normal admission applies.